Tuesday, May 10, 2011

blank

Lately I've been missing something important that I used to love... Something that defines me, a passion that excites me...

I'm a Pisces which means I'm an escapist, I daydream 90% of the time...
Most of my childhood was spent in dreamland instead of a maths test or a conversation... The way I would release my imagination was through drawing.

I was like a fiend every bit of paper I found would be covered in my graffiti.

I would turn the house upside down looking for anything I could draw on.
When I found something like an old note pad I would wonder why was this paper blank howcome noone else had the desire to scribble all over it?

I would make my own books, create characters and stories to go with them.
I sourced creativity from deep within my mind. Magazines inspired me, especially the beautiful vector drawings of models in Dolly or Girlfriend... thats probably why I am a Graphic Designer today.

I feel like it's always been the rest of the world and then theres me but lately I feel bland like I've fallen in mediocrity in day to day life having the spark flicker away into someone typical.

I hope I haven't lost my imaginative knack. I have attempted many times to paint but well... it's best I stick to drawing.

It's time to pick up the pencil again and get that excitement back.

Swedish Artist Hanna Muller is an artist that inspires me. Her beautiful drawings of models and perfect delicate line work is amaaaazen!








b o w s <3

No comments:

Post a Comment